Welcome

welcome to my world..

welcome to my life..

welcome to my heart..


-enjoy it-

Monday, May 23, 2016

Melancholy Monster

Melancholy Monster
by forswornsight

Melancholy monster, where are you?
I always find you hiding after the new day’s through.
Melancholy monster, all these tears,
you’re hiding them from everyone in baskets of your fears.
Melancholy monster its okay….
It’s okay to be yourself, to say the things you say.

Oh melancholy monster in my mirror, in my bed.
Melancholy monster in my shoes and in my head.
Melancholy monster, it’s okay.  It’s okay.
You don’t have to hide.
You don’t have to run away.

Melancholy monster, where’s your cave?
The place you keep fragments of the times when you were brave.
Melancholy monster, hidden dreams
leave cuts in your broken heart, much deeper than it seems.
Melancholy monster,will you last
hiding from the others behind a happy painted mask?

Oh melancholy monster in my journal, in my eyes.
Melancholy monster in my heart and in my sighs.
Melancholy monster, it’s okay. It’s okay.
You don’t have to hide.
You don’t have to run away.

Melancholy monster, sing yourself this lullaby,
to hide all your retreating and the lonely tears you cry.
Melancholy monster, tell yourself that you’re alright
running away from happy days for fear of coming night.

No comments:

Post a Comment